Chile’s National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research (CONICYT) offers seed funds to enable UC Berkeley and Chilean faculty/researchers to launch early-stage collaborative research projects. Applicants are encouraged to involve UC Berkeley and Chilean students in their projects.
Congratulations to this year's funded projects
Projects funded for 2013-14
A scientist at Berkeley Lab.
UCB-Chile Seed Fund
- For collaboration between UC Berkeley faculty/researchers and Chilean counterparts at any Chilean university or research institution
- Maximum award of $30,000
- Priority will be given to projects that:
- propose a balanced exchange between UC Berkeley and Chile and demonstrate complementarity between the two teams;
- focus on science and technology, although the competition is open to proposals from all disciplines
- demonstrate the possibility of long-term collaboration
- This grant opportunity is open to all researchers with principal investigator status at UC Berkeley or researchers with a permanent affiliation with a Chilean research institution or institution of higher learning. Additional UCB and Chilean collaborators may include other faculty, researchers, and students.
- The Center for Latin American Studies can provide assistance for applicants seeking research partners in Chile for proposed projects.
- Projects would receive funding in November 2013 and the funds would need to be expended by November 2014.
Funds may be used to cover travel, meetings, and workshop costs provided that they facilitate international projects and collaboration. Funds may not be used to cover salaries, materials, or student fees. Funds will be made available to the faculty member or researcher and must be administered by the recipient’s department.
*Final confirmation for the funding of this competition is subject to the official approval of the agreement.
The application deadline is Monday, October 21, 2013.
Download an application form (.doc)
(you may need to right-click (Win) or ctrl-click (Mac) and choose Save Target As...)
Download this call for applications (.pdf)
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact: Dionicia Ramos Ledesma · email@example.com