Tinker Field Research Grants are available for graduate students to support travel and field-related expenses for brief periods of pre-dissertation field research in Latin America, defined here as the Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking countries of the region. In 2022, remote research is allowed. Awards are open to students across all academic disciplines and graduate degree programs.
2022 Tinker Grant Guidelines can be found here: Grant Guidelines
Applications are due 11:59 pm on December 15, 2021.
- Complete the application form: https://forms.gle/R5h9FnxH1gmX3TD79
- Upload a proposal narrative to the application.
- Upload an academic transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable) to the application.
- Ensure that one faculty member has submitted a recommendation for you using the following link: https://forms.gle/XMUkYS7igLVGQJww7
- Submit all application materials by 11:59 pm, December 15, 2021.
- For more information, write to Julia Byrd, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for a see a list of past projects
- Curious to hear about student experiences in the field? The Tinker Field Research Collaborative is a group of universities that support students with Tinker Field Research grants. The Collaborative has produced a podcast to highlight Tinker student research and experiences. Listen to the first episode of the podcast here.