Tinker Field Research Grants are available for graduate students to support travel and field-related expenses for brief periods of pre-dissertation field research in Latin America, defined here as the Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking countries of the region. Tinker will consider requests for virtual research on a case-by-case basis, particularly when travel becomes impractical, unsafe, or unethical due to unexpected events or external factors. Generally, the purpose of the Collaborative is to support travel to and in-person field research in Latin America. Awards are open to students across all academic disciplines and graduate degree programs.
2023 Tinker Grant Guidelines can be found here: Grant Guidelines
Applications are due 11:59 pm on January 9, 2023.
- Complete the application form: https://forms.gle/8U9ceWaavqmiakMJ9
- Upload a proposal narrative to the application.
- Upload an academic transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable) to the application.
- Ensure that one faculty member has submitted a recommendation for you using the following link: https://forms.gle/f36Ek2S2DkqURpGB7
- Submit all application materials by 11:59 pm, January 9, 2023.
- For more information, write to Julia Byrd, email@example.com
- Click here for a see a list of past projects
- Curious to hear about student experiences in the field? The Tinker Field Research Collaborative is a group of universities that support students with Tinker Field Research grants. The Collaborative has produced a podcast to highlight Tinker student research and experiences. Listen to the first episode or second episode.