We provide the film; you provide the popcorn – and a gift to CLAS!
Tuesday, November 30th, is “Giving Tuesday,” and CLAS is asking for your help. We are offering a special donation-based screening of Sin señas particulares (Identifying Features), the award-winning film about a mother searching for her son who left to cross the border to the United States.
Your gift to CLAS helps us to meet our three ongoing goals: to highlight the diverse people, communities, and perspectives from across the Americas; to establish instruction and study of Indigenous Latin American languages at Berkeley, and to create research opportunities for underrepresented students.
CLAS has secured a matching grant from the Tinker Foundation, with a dollar-to-dollar matching requirement! Your donation towards a ticket for Sin Señas Particularles will help us provide field research opportunities to students who would otherwise not have access to them.
Thank you for supporting CLAS and the students and greater community we serve.
1. To purchase your ticket, just make a donation through the DONATE HERE button below ($10-$100, recommended $25)
2. To count for this fundraising campaign, donations must be made on Giving Tuesday, November 30, 12:00am and 11:59pm Tuesday, 11/30 (Pacific Time).
3. After you submit your donation on November 30th, you will receive a donation thank you and confirmation email. Please forward this email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortly, you will receive the link and password to watch the film. If you donate after 9:00pm PST, you will receive the confirmation email the next morning at 9:00am.
4. The film will be available for screening from Tuesday, 11/30 9:00am PST and Tuesday, 12/7, 4:00pm. On 12/7 at 4:00pm, the link and film will no longer be available.
5. Questions? Write to email@example.com.
Middle-aged Magdalena has lost contact with her son after he took off with a friend from their town of Guanajuato to cross the border into the U.S., hopeful to find work. Desperate to find out what happened to him—and to know whether or not he’s even alive—she embarks on an ever-expanding and increasingly dangerous journey to discover the truth. At the same time, a young man has returned to Mexico after being deported from the U.S., and eventually his path converges with Magdalena’s. 94 minutes. Spanish with English subtitles.