The CLAS blog is a platform for students, visiting scholars, and faculty to share views on issues relevant to Latin America & the Caribbean, and to share Latin American & Caribbean perspectives on cross-boundary topics.
We are looking for original content in a variety of formats including, but not limited to:
- Highlight of research activities
- Perspectives on current events
- Art and media reviews (books, film, music, lectures)
- Creative writing, photo or mixed-media essays
- Blog entries are 500 to 1000 words in length.
- Blog posts cannot be anonymous.
- Entries can be submitted in English, Spanish, Portuguese or other Latin American languages. If you write a blog post in a language other than English or Spanish, please submit an English translation as well.
- Blog entries should be written with a general audience in mind. Use minimum jargon and explain acronyms.
- Hyperlink references and do not include a bibliography, footnotes or endnotes.
- Titles should be short and concise.
- Include a one-sentence bio. You may also include a link to your academic profile and social media handles.
Imagery is an important part of the CLAS Blog. Please include a photo of yourself and, if possible, one or more photos that illustrate the topic. Please keep the following in mind:
- Photographs should have a minimum resolution of 800x600 pixels.
- You must have permission to use and share the photos you submit (i.e., they can be photos that you took, have written permission to use or have a creative commons license.)
- Please list the file name, a brief descriptive caption, and the name of photographer for each photo.
- We usually include a picture of the author at the end of the post. If you do not wish to have your picture published, just let us know in advance.
- CLAS’s blog relates to UC Berkeley’s mission of teaching, research and public service. Blog posts, as well as community comments to the posts, must follow UC Berkeley’s Principles of Community.
- A member of the CLAS staff will copy-edit all blogs to follow our style guide.
- To submit a blog post or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: submitting a blog post does not guarantee its publication.